South-indian lunch menu / veg lunch menu / simple lunch menu

South-indian lunch menu ideas 


               Today my lunch menu is simple yet special lunch menu.  For me,  a special lunch is a biriyani with some sidedish.  But this lunch menu is pure vegetarian.  I have cooked vegetable biriyani with soya chunks kola urundai and some onion raita by side.  This simple lunch menu fulfills my special day.  It is very tasty and better option to replace non-veg.  I have already posted the recipes few days back.  I give you the links for the recipes.  You can check it out.  


             Hope you like the recipes.  Give it a try and let me know how it turns out to you. This lunch menu wont take much time to cook.  You can make it within 30  -  40 mins maximum.  I firstly chop the veggies for biryani and soak soya chunks in hot water. Then Saute for biryani.  Still it is a one - pot biryani,  it is easy to cook.  After closing the lid of the pressure cooker, heat oil to fry soya chunks.  The biryani had cooked now.  Then fry the kola urundai.  


           Thus both the dishes got cooked side by side.  Try at your home.  You can replace  veggies with Mushroom,  or other vegetables too and replace kola urundai with other starter recipes.  Hope you like it.  

Comments